The popular YouTube channel Mr. Sunday Movies has released their latest video chronicling the deaths that came by the hands of a superhero. This Batman kill count video focuses on the number of deaths he is responsible for in Batman v Superman.
An earlier supercut tallied up all the deaths caused by Batman in the previous films (and even one from the 60s TV show). If you think Batman doesn't kill, think again.
Warning: Batman v Superman Spoilers Below
When compiling the video the team at Mr. Sunday Movies uses common sense to determine if what you see on screen would likely end up killing someone. These are the loose guidelines they went by:
1) If you're in a car and the Batmobile hits you you're probably dead.
2) I only counted the two in the backseat that get's a car flipped on it because it only hits the back end. Also I'm not entirely convinced they're dead.
3) I didn't count the guy Batman punches onto his neck, he probably lived through that.
4) The man Batman stabbed looked like it was in the shoulder.
5) I didn't count the ones branded because they're fairly indirect kills.
Batman Kill Count From Batman v Superman
Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice was released digitally on June 28th, and will be out on Blu-ray and DVD on July 19th. You can pre-order your copy here and get it the day it hits shelves.
"Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" is directed by Zack Snyder starring Ben Affleck as Batman, Henry Cavill as Superman, Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman, Amy Adams as Lois Lane, Laurence Fishburne as Perry White, Diane Lane as Martha Kent, Jeremy Irons as Alfred, and Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor.
Fearing the actions of a god-like Super Hero left unchecked, Gotham City's own formidable, forceful vigilante takes on Metropolis's most revered, modern-day savior, while the world wrestles with what sort of hero it really needs. And with Batman and Superman at war with one another, a new threat quickly arises, putting mankind in greater danger than it's ever known before.